- MODULE OBJECTIVES:
- Define Dialogue;
- Understand the difference between dialogues, debates, discussions, workshops, seminars, and conferences;
- Explain the relevance of dialogues to unity and reconciliation.
- Understand the different methods and approaches used in planning a dialogue.
- Understand the management of the dialogue proceedings.
- Comprehensively and systematically report all the issues and discussions which transpired in the unity and reconciliation dialogues.
- Manage fruitfully the post dialogue phase.
2. MODULE BRIEF DESCRIPTION:
This module is designed to guide participants to develop and achieve their full potential with regards to effective organization and implementation of Unity and Reconciliation Dialogues. It will introduce the participants to the concept of dialogues, discuss the differences between dialogues, debates, discussions, workshops, seminars, and conferences and the relevance of dialogues to unity and reconciliation. It will also examine the different methods and approaches used in planning a dialogue as well as the management of the dialogue proceedings. Furthermore, it will explore how one is able to manage fruitfully the post dialogue phase.
3. MODULE CONTENT
Introduction to Dialogues
Understanding the Methods and Approaches of Planning a Dialogue
The Management of the Dialogue Proceedings
The Reporting of the Dialogue Outcomes
Post Unity and Reconciliation Dialogues Report
4. TARGET AUDIENCE:
The target audience will include all the staff from the National Unity and Reconciliation Commission (NURC).
5. DELIVERY TIME AND VENUE:
The course was delivered at RMI Murambi campus. Visit www.rmi.rw for the detailed Training Calendar. The venue and time may be adjusted according to the trainees' request, terms and conditions apply.