- MODULE OBJECTIVES:
- To understand the strategic-management process, explain the need for integrating analysis and intuition in strategic management.
- To identify the benefits of good strategic management and establish how a firm may achieve sustained competitive advantage.
- To determine the nature and role of vision and mission statements in strategic management and why the process of developing a mission statement is as important as the resulting document.
- To recognize the components of mission statements and discern how clear vision and mission statements can benefit other strategic-management activities, evaluate mission statements of different organizations and write good vision and mission statements.
- To discover how to conduct both the external and internal strategic-management audits and the major external forces that affect organizations
- To explain how to determine and prioritize a firm’s internal strengths and weaknesses and benchmarking as a strategic management tool.
- To appreciate important behavioral, political, ethical, and social responsibility considerations in strategy analysis and choice.
- To ascertain why strategy evaluation is complex, sensitive, and yet essential for organizational success.
2. MODULE BRIEF DESCRIPTION
Every organization has a unique purpose and reason for being. This uniqueness should be reflected in vision and mission statements. The nature of a business vision and mission can represent either a competitive advantage or disadvantage for the firm. An organization achieves a heightened sense of purpose when strategists, managers, and employees develop and communicate a clear business vision and mission. This module shall help participants to know for what purposes mission statements have such an importance in a business firm.
3. MODULE CONTENT
Strategies in action
Strategy analysis and choice
Strategy implementation, monitoring, evaluation and control
The external assessment
A full strategic planning –key components
The Internal assessment
4. TARGET AUDIENCE
RMI offers strategic planning and management training course for managers at all levels, accountants, internal and external auditors, community activists, funding bodies and many others. The entire strategic planning and management process is covered in detail from the basics of strategy formulation to the implementation of business strategies in the “real world.”
5. DELIVERY TIME AND VENUE:
Visit www.rmi.rw for the detailed Training Calendar. The venue and time may be adjusted according to the trainees' request, terms and conditions apply.