- MODULE OBJECTIVES:
- Provide Definitions, Nature of operational risk management
- Understand Operational risk management framework
- Explore components of operational risk management
- Understand the governance structures, systems, procedures and cultural aspects necessary for an organization to successfully manage operational risk.
- Build knowledge of the main techniques for the measurement and quantification of operational risk and their relative merits and drawbacks.
- Understand risk management cycle, the major challenges and solutions in successfully implementing Operational Risk Management.
2. MODULE BRIEF DESCRIPTION:
This module helps the trainees to understand the nature of operational risk management, identify typical occurrences of operational risk management within a bank’s business model, and to consider external perspectives on the importance of operational risk management in rating and banking supervision.
3. MODULE CONTENT:
Definitions, Nature of operational risk management
Main techniques for the measurement and quantification of operational risk management
Risk management cycle
Operational risk management framework
Identifying categories of operational risk management in financial institutions
Challenges of Managing Operational Risk
Components of Operational risk management
Risk processes , risk exposures, Potential benefits to operational risk management
Solutions to operational risk management
The target audience for this module includes but not limited to finance officers, Internal Auditors, finance controllers, risk managers, Managing Directors/DG, Directors of operations, Directors of Planning, Directors of Finance, accountants, planning officers, and members of Board of Directors.
5.DELIVERY TIME AND VENUE:
Visit www.rmi.rw for the detailed Training Calendar. The venue and time may be adjusted according to the trainees' request, terms and conditions apply.