- MODULE OBJECTIVES
- To give an in-depth coverage of supply chain and operations management in the context of contemporary operations, taking into account the major competitive drivers.
- To addresses the scope, impact and importance of supply chain and operations management and the major decisions that need to be made in today's world of global supply and global markets, by using the appropriate strategic frameworks.
- To give participants an understanding of supply chains from the manufacturer to the customer and the proper use of Incoterms and export import documentation in such process.
- To achieve incremental and step changes in performance to realize the strategic intents: the skills to develop and apply work standards in manufacturing and service planning and control, and the knowledge and understanding to design performance systems considering the competitive forces.
- To equip participants wide knowledge in managing stock and proper monitoring of its replenishment via proper mechanism of selecting, evaluating and maintain long lasting relationship with suppliers
- To provide insights on supply chain and operation management practices and approaches in a wide range of industry/sector contexts.
2. MODULE BRIEF DESCRIPTION:
This module introduces to the participantsan integral part of Supply chain management and the part it plays in all modern business. This module also focuses on the theoretical and practical knowledge required to deal with supply chain management and stock management for the public and private procuring entities. This module through lectures and in-class assignments introduces students to the theories, principles and practice of supply chains, supply chain and stock management. Modern business is carried out in a global environment with supply networks becoming increasingly complex and elongated.
3. MODULE CONTENT:
UNDERSTANDING THE SUPPLY CHAIN
SUPPLY CHAIN PERFORMANCE: ACHIEVING STRATEGIC FIT AND SCOPE
ALIGN YOUR SUPPLY CHAIN WITH YOUR BUSINESS STRATEGY
SUPPLIER SELECTION, EVALUATION AND RELATIONS
EXPORT- IMPORT DOCUMENTATION AND RISK MANAGEMENT IN EXPORT-IMPORT BUSINESS
RECEIVING AND ARRANGING COMMODITIES IN THE STOCK
PREVENTING DAMAGING AND CONTAMINATION
4. TARGET AUDIENCE
The target audience for this module are the new employees who in one way or another work closely with procurement unit in any organization such as Procurement managers and officers, Supply chain Specialists, Logistics Officers, Store keepers, Finance Managers and Accountants, Auditors and Planning and Officers in order to assist them to know the best way to monitor supply chain from the manufacturer till the product or service reaches the end user and how products can be management in a reliable way to avoid unnecessary losses to the organization
5. DELIVERY TIME AND VENUE:
Visit www.rmi.rw for the detailed Training Calendar. The venue and time may be adjusted according to the trainees' request, terms and conditions apply.