- MODULE OBJECTIVES
- To understand principles guiding public procurement management
- To be familiar with professional ethics regulating procurement professionals
- To explain the legal, institutional and regulatory framework of public procurement
- To appreciate the public procurement processes
- To identify the suitable procurement methods for goods, works and services.
- To know the best way to award tenders with considerations to environmental criteria
- To widen partnership with private initiative in financing and run large and complex projects.
- To assess the countries procurement systems using OECD methodology for assessment of National procurement systems.
- To design and manage procurement contracts
- To put in place the best criteria to select the suppliers, contractors and consultants and systematically evaluate them in order to have a pool of successful service providers to the procuring entities.
- To apply e-procurement in all procurement processes
2. MODULE BRIEF DESCRIPTION:
This module aims at introducing participants to the fundamental principles and processes of public procurement. It also aims at explaining the legal aspects and regulatory framework within which a procurement contract is initiated and managed. This goes along with appreciating the public procurement processes, identifying the suitable procurement methods for goods, works and services. It is also the best way of knowing how tenders are awarded with considerations to environmental criteria.
3. MODULE CONTENT:
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF PUBLIC PROCUREMENT
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PROCUREMENT OFFICIALS
LEGAL AND INSTITUTIONAL FRAMEWORK OF PUBLIC PROCUREMENT
METHODS OF PUBLIC PROCUREMENT
THE PROCUREMENT CYCLE
PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS (PPPs)
GREEN PUBLIC PROCUREMENT
METHODOLOGY FOR ASSESSING PROCUREMENT SYSTEMS
PROCUREMENT MANAGEMENT FOR GOODS
PROCUREMENT MANAGEMENT FOR SERVICES
PROCUREMENT MANAGEMENT OF WORKS
PUBLIC PROCUREMENT CONTRACT MANAGEMENT
4. TARGET AUDIENCE
The target audience for this module are the new employees who in one way or another work closely with procurement unit in any organization such as Procurement managers and officers, Members of Internal Tender Committee, Finance Managers and Accountants, Officers in different fields in order to assist them to know the best way to deal with the procurement process like evaluation of tenders and contract management for the best use of taxpayers money.
5. DELIVERY TIME AND VENUE:
Visit www.rmi.rw for the detailed Training Calendar. The venue and time may be adjusted according to the trainees' request, terms and conditions apply.