- MODULE OBJECTIVES:
- To recognize important legal issues affecting HR management.
- To familiarize participants with relevant policies and procedures, including Security and safety procedures, Personnel policies & procedures, particularly related to leaves, discipline and separation
- To create awareness on the negative effects of discrimination, harassment and retaliation at work place and how to use policies and procedures to prevent and handle such complaints for employee and employer interest.
- To understand how to manage risk arising and promote safety in the workplace.
- To understand important Rwandan laws and regulations governing the employer-employee relationship at national and international level
2. MODULE BRIEF DESCRIPTION
Human resources management is an activity which is performed with workers and on work environment. Its main mission is to satisfy organizational and individual needs. The field of human resources management is greatly influenced and shaped by all government laws governing employment issues. In addition there are international institutions which have the mission to put in place guidance employment procedures and monitor their implementation at international level. The objectives of Government laws and other international guidance are to create a conducive work environment in order to enhance performance within organizations and promote human right. Human Resource Management involves compliance and litigation avoidance.
This module underscores the importance for HR professionals to understand these legal issues and how to comply with it for both the organizational and individual benefits. Participant will appreciate the legal procedure to be followed during and after the services.
Labor relations (labor code and general statutes of Rwanda public servants)
Social security system
Health safety and security at workplace
Gender and development
Violence at workplace (Prevention and management)
HR Management Audit
Ethics and discipline at workplace
Results based management
Disabilities issues management
4. TARGET AUDIENCE
The target audience for this module are HR officers with basic level, HR specialists and other managers having basic level or educational background related to Human Resource Management.
5.DELIVERY TIME AND VENUE
Visit www.rmi.rw for the detailed Training Calendar. The venue and time may be adjusted according to the trainees' request, terms and conditions apply.