- MODULE OBJECTIVES
The purpose of this course is to examine the theoretical and practical aspects of the selection, acquisition, evaluation, management, and use of resources to meet the information needs of clientele in libraries and other institutional environments. The main objectives are:
- To identify the nature and significance of the relationship between the library and the collection development and management processes;
- To become familiar with the main elements, principles, and techniques of collection development and management;
- To identify the problems and challenges of collection development and management;
- To develop insights and methods for dealing with issues pertaining to collection development and management; and
- To identify the opportunities and challenges posed by electronic materials.
2. Module Brief Description
Prepare librarians for library techniques and its day-to-day management. In order to make the document accessible to the user, three operations which are also referred to as functions are required. They can take the following step-by-step approach: Acquisitions, Cataloging and Dissemination of information (Library Services)
Session - 1
Selection and Acquisition of Library Materials
Session - 2
Session - 3
Session – 4
Introduction to library Automation
Session – 5
Modern Library and Information Service
4. TARGET Audience
Training is intended for professional’s librarians working in libraries (Public library, Special library or documentation centre, School library and Academic library).
5. DELIVERY TIME AND VENUE:
Visit www.rmi.rw for the detailed Training Calendar. The venue and time may be adjusted according to the trainees' request, terms and conditions apply.