- MODULE OBJECTIVES
- To explain the concept of ‘’Leading People’’ and how it differs from “Managing People’’
- To familiarize public servants (trainees) with the different personality styles/types at workplace and how to lead them.
- To provide the trainees with techniques for developing teamwork, inspiring and motivating teams for increasing organization productivity.
- To explain the organizational culture and how it impacts the organization performance
- Explore strategies of managing diversity and equality at workplace.
2. MODULE BRIEF DESCRIPTION:
This module aims to develop leadership capacities, such as being able to ethically influence others and thereby improve the performance of organizations. Drawing on their experience as public servants, the trainees will learn not only from the reading materials but also from comparisons and contrasts between what they read and what they are experiencing in their respective workplaces.
Also, this module has been developed to equip trainees with techniques and strategies for leading people especially in the context of behavior and socio- cultural complexities.
Finally, the module aims to familiarize trainees with leading people strategies for organization high performance.
3. MODULE CONTENT:
Leading people: conceptual &theoretical framework
Difference between Leadership and Management
Sources of power of a Leader
The role of a Leader within an organization
Effective leadership: attitudes, behaviors and traits.
Understanding people with different personality styles, social-cultural backgrounds at workplace
Developing teamwork: importance and techniques
Leading People : Motivation & Conflict management
Building organizational culture for organization performance
Managing diversity and equality at workplace
4. TARGET AUDIENCE
Leaders both from public, private and civil society organizations, occupying decision-making positions
5. DELIVERY TIME AND VENUE:
Visit www.rmi.rw for the detailed Training Calendar. The venue and time may be adjusted according to the trainees' request, terms and conditions apply.