- MODULE OBJECTIVES:
- To develop skills, knowledge and attitudes in order to coach or mentor individuals/ teams and strengthen their leadership competencies;
- To gain competences in coaching and mentoring methods, tools and approaches to empower individuals and teams to efficiently achieve results;
- To reflect on one’s coaching and mentoring style and navigate role transitions;
- To share best practices, case studies, dos and don’ts in coaching and mentoring;
- To understand coaching and mentoring as one of the approaches for personal and organizational development;
- To reflect on the competences and skills needed to be a good coach;
- To gain understanding on coaching and mentoring process.
2. MODULE BRIEF DESCRIPTION:
Coaching and mentoring are both processes that provide a particular stand – a view or way of working with others – aimed at bringing out the best in others, building from their strengths
This module promotes an evidence-based approach to enable the development of intellectual, social and professional skills necessary to design, apply and practice coaching and mentoring programs and services in work organizations and their application in supporting personal and performance/professional development.
3. MODULE CONTENT:
Introduction; the difference between Coaching and Mentoring
Psychological Theories and Concepts
Organizational Benefits of Coaching & Mentoring
Organization-based Coaching and Mentoring Strategies
Coaching and Mentoring in different countries and cultures
Professional and effective coaching and mentoring services.
The Benefits of Coaching Employee
Ethics and continuous Personal and Professional Development in Coaching and Mentoring Practice.
A Range of Models and Frameworks of Coaching and of Mentoring
Coaching, Mentoring and Human Resource Development:
4. TARGET AUDIENCE:
This module is designed for Employees in Public and Private Organizations. It is expected that they have responsibilities for supervising or leading and relating with others in the workplace.
5. DELIVERY TIME AND VENUE:
Visit www.rmi.rw for the detailed Training Calendar. The venue and time may be adjusted according to the trainees' request, terms and conditions apply.