- MODULE OBJECTIVES
- To understand the relevance of institutional and programs accreditation and audits for quality assurance
- To identify and design norms and standards for accreditation of TVET schools and programs based on international best practices.
- To provide the basis, mechanisms, processes and procedures for the audit if TVET schools and programs for quality assurance (TVET audit planning).
- To determine the framework for quality assurance audits for evidence collection and reporting.
- To analyze and purposively interpret the quality assurance audit findings.
- To disseminate and advocate for the quality assurance audit finding to the relevant stakeholders.
2. MODULE BRIED DESCRIPTION
The module provides practical knowledge in quality management processes, Institutional, Programs Accreditation, and Audits for Quality Assurance. Indicators/standards of quality and criteria at institutions and program levels are thoroughly discussed. Quality enhancement standards are utilized as benchmarks against which actual quality enhancement practices are compared. Experiences are shared from countries that have developed TVET systems together with the identified international quality standards which helped trainees to identify quality gaps in our TVET system and equipped them with skills of filling the gaps through strengthened the quality enhancement system and frameworks.
3. MODULE CONTENT:
Introduction to Quality assurance for TVET schools and programs
Development of institutional Accreditation norms and standards with a reference to international best practices of TVET schools.
The Institutional audits of TVET schools for quality assurance.
Evaluation of quality and audit information of TVET schools
Accreditation standards and norms of TVET programs.
The elaboration of quality assurance Guidelines for programs design and development of TVET programs
Faculty and students ‘qualification requirements in TVET schools
Monitoring and Evaluation of TVET programs.
Overall institutional and program review for continual quality improvement.
Advocacy for Quality assurance in TVET schools with relevant stakeholders
The WDA STAFF (6 staff) from Qualifications, Standards & Accreditation and Quality Assurance departments.
5. DELIVERY TIME AND VENUE:
The course was delivered at RMI Murambi campus. Visit www.rmi.rw for the detailed Training Calendar. The venue and time may be adjusted according to the trainees' request, terms and conditions apply.